Chemicals can be harmful when it comes in contact with human. However, chemical are widely used in industry for various processes. Chemical handling is a routine in some industries. Chemical spills are sometimes inevitable but proper techniques to contain the leaks are possible.
This training programme will guide participants to acquire the knowledge on how to handle, safely manage chemicals and control spillage in the workplace.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Acquire the knowledge on how to safely use chemicals in the workplace
- To understand the hazards associated with chemicals at workplace
- To understand the do’s and dont’s of chemical storage, transferring, handling, labelling, diluting & spillage control
- To contain chemical spills when it occurs.
- Chemical handlers
- Waste Water Maintenance Crew
- Safety & Health Committee Members